Saturday, March 12, 2011

Herb Crusted Cod over Brown Rice Couscous


Every time I get off a tour, all I want to do is cook in my kitchen. Some call it nesting, but I get such an overwhelming urge to fill my fridge with yummy dishes, I can hardly stand it...the truth is that I just LOVE to cook!!

I was craving fish today, so I created this dish, and I will admit, it was scrumptious!!

- 2 or 3 large cod fillets, fresh
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour or any G-F flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 Tbs "All Herb" mix (Rosemary, Thyme, Savory, Basil)
- 1 Tsp salt & 1 Tsp coarse black pepper
- half a lemon
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance (butter substitute)
- 1 box Brown Rice Couscous

Rinse and pat dry the fillets. Mix the flour, herbs, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish. Toss the fillets in flour mixture until completely covered.

Heat peanut oil and EB in skillet to medium/high heat. Once hot, place coated fish in skillet. Squeeze lemon over fillets and cook for 4 minutes per side.

Cook rice Couscous as directed. Place cooked fish over couscous and top with fresh herbs. Garnish with lemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment